Published on April 25th, 2017 | by ECSWE0
Eurythmy in Progress, August 5 – August 27 2017
Dear eurythmy friends!
For the summer 2017 we have planned a new youth project „Eurythmy in Progress“, that we´d like to inform you about. It is an independent youth project to experience the art of eurythmy. In this project we give you and young people from all over the world, the opportunity, to meet into one single goal: to create an extraordinary experience by working creatively together for three weeks – doing eurythmy.
When will it happen?
August 5 – August 27 2017 at the Alanus University in Alfter, Germany.
Who else will be there?
A worldwide group of at least 50 young people, aged between 16 and 23.
What will we do?
Rehearsing and performing an artistic eurythmy program especially created for this project: “Peer Gynt suite 1&2“- Edvard Grieg and „Carnival of the Animals“- Camille Saint-Saëns.
Who can come?
Experience with eurythmy is of course a plus, but if you don’t have any, you are still warmly welcome.
What should I be prepared for?
- six hours of eurythmy rehearsal per day in different courses.
- working on a big musical event with a cool professional, leading to an humoungest
- creating your own masks and costumes
- spontaneous artistic initiatives (feel free to offer anything you’d like to share).
- Free time on the weekends
- intensive rehearsals with the musicians in the final week
How much does it cost?
- The course fee of € 600 includes the artistic work, costumes and meals.
- We will set up a fantastic own little village of tipis and yurts on the University Campus“
- Johannishof”, and one big yurt where we can meet to make music or talk and feel good around the fire.
- There will be an excellent mensa
- Supervision and support, day and night, as well as first aid maintenance
If you are already studying eurythmy, please contact us as it may be interesting for you to become a volunteer or student apprentice.
You can find out a lot more about us and apply on our website!